Kauai Ohana Rental Policies
Kauai Ohana Vacation Rentals offers only premium vacation rentals and we strive to provide you, our guests, exceptionally clean and well-maintained accommodations so that you can enjoy a carefree vacation. Below you will find our rental policies that are designed to clearly state what you can expect from us and what we expect from you when you rent our homes. We will make every effort to take great care of you during your stay and we ask that you take great care of our properties in return. Please take a few moments to read over our policies.
NOTE: In placing a deposit to reserve any property with Kauai Ohana Vacation Rentals, whether by phone or online, you agree to all of the terms, conditions and policies stated in our Terms and Conditions. On this page we provide an abbreviated, easy-to-read version of these. Each reservation confirmation also includes all of the terms, conditions, and policies.
Rental Agreement Acceptance – If you requested a reservation online, we will confirm that reservation by email within 48 hours. For all reservation requests, we will email a confirmation along with a Rental Agreement that then needs to be signed, initialed, dated and returned.
Payment Terms – A $600 booking deposit is due to confirm a reservation. The balance of your payment is due 90 days prior to your scheduled check-in date. We encourage you to pay your balance via eCheck from a US dollar account to avoid paying an additional 3% credit card service fee.
Cancellation & Refund Policy – If you cancel your reservation 91 days or more prior to your check-in date, you will be refunded your booking deposit minus a $75 fee. If you cancel your reservation 90 days or less prior to your check-in date, and you have not paid your balance, you will forfeit your entire booking deposit. If you cancel your reservation 90 days or less prior to your check-in date, and you have paid your balance, you will forfeit all collected money except the Guest Damage Insurance and cleaning fees, but may recover some of the rent if we are able to re-rent some or all of your reserved time to another guest.
Change Policy – We are flexible in changing your reservation if it is at the originally booked property, subject to availability and pricing.
Travel Insurance – Because the unforeseen can happen, we recommend you purchase Travel Insurance. You can do so by checking the ‘Travel Insurance’ box when requesting your reservation. For more information, please visit <link to CSA Travel Insurance>.
Guest Damage Insurance – We will automatically purchase Guest Damage Insurance that covers up to $1,500 for any unintentional damage that occurs to the vacation rental during your stay, provided damages are disclosed to us prior to your scheduled check-out date and time. Any other damage, extra cleaning, rubbish removal or restoration costs are the responsibility of the guest.
Rules of Rental Occupancy:
- Guest named on Agreement must be at least 25 years old
- All others staying in the home are invitees of guest who signed the Agreement. The contracted guest is fully responsible for the actions and behavior of his/her invitees
- Guest is a temporary guest of the property and not a tenant
- The Agreement is unique to the registered guest and may not be sublet or otherwise assigned to any other persons
- All homes are non-smoking
- No pets are allowed in any homes
- Most accommodations are in residential neighborhoods. Parties, events, receptions and gatherings are prohibited without prior written consent. No additional people beyond the maximum occupancy +4 are allowed at the home without prior written consent
- Property shall be in the same condition upon departure as at check-in, normal wear and tear excepted
- Changes to the reservation confirmation check-in / check-out times must be approved in writing
- Guest may only cook in areas specifically designated for cooking
- Guest must immediately notify us of any fire or other damage or injury to the property or any person on the property
- locked closets reserved for Owner are not to be accessed by Guest
- You have paid for a cleaning that will occur upon your departure. Additional cleaning may be required for stays of greater than 2 weeks, and you may request additional cleaning, both at your expense
- Trash pick-up is early in the morning; therefore place cans at the curb the evening prior to pick-up and bring back to the house after pick-up
- You are responsible for your lost or stolen personal items in and around the property. Lock appropriate doors and don’t leave valuables in plain sight
- Any items left in the home and requested to be returned will be subject to a minimum service fee of $35
- Guest agrees to allow us, or our agents and contractors access to the home between 8AM and 7PM, 7 days a week for needed maintenance or repair AND anytime in response to complaints
- Guest must return all keys and gate or garage door openers upon departure. A $50 service fee will be charged for each item that is missing at the time of check-out
- Guest shall abide by all federal law, state law, local law, published house rules, and HOA rules
General Terms, Conditions, and Disclosures:
- Hawaii is a tropical climate where pests (insects, rodents, lizards) thrive. Contact with a pest is not a reason for termination of this Agreement or a refund of monies
- We may assign this agreement to the property owner or to a subsequent management agent of the owner without permission of Guest
- The information on the reservation confirmation, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed. Changes in bedding, furnishings, inventory, amenities, and or decor occur from time to time and such changes will not void or alter the terms of the rental and is not a valid reason for refunds or cancellation
- Kauai Ohana Vacation Rentals assumes no liability for your stay or the activities that you partake in during your visit. Guest acknowledges that Kauai Ohana Vacation Rentals is not responsible for any loss of money, jewelry, or other personal items of guests or any invitees of guest. Guest hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Kauai Ohana Vacation Rentals and associated Home Owner Associations for damage to person or property arising out of or in any way related to guest or invitees of guest use of premises resulting from the building or any part of it or any equipment or appurtenance becoming out of repair, or resulting from any accident in or about the building, or resulting directly or indirectly from any act or neglect of any guest of the property, invitees of guest or of any other person. Guest assumes the risk of injury and any related pain and suffering or medical expenses or other losses relating to the use of Kauai Ohana Vacation Rentals property and/or recreational activities on the premises or in the city where property is located and will hold Kauai Ohana Vacation Rentals and associated Home Owner Associations harmless with respect thereto.
Any breach of these rules, terms, and conditions may lead to cancellation and eviction without refund.
If you have any questions, call or Email us: