Kauai Ohana Rental Policies
Kauai Ohana Vacation Rentals offers only premium vacation rentals and we strive to provide you, our guests, exceptionally clean and well-maintained accommodations so that you can enjoy a carefree vacation. Below you will find our rental policies that are designed to clearly state what you can expect from us and what we expect from you when you rent our homes. We will make every effort to take great care of you during your stay and we ask that you take great care of our properties in return. Please take a few moments to read over our policies.
NOTE: In placing a deposit to reserve any property with Kauai Ohana Vacation Rentals, whether by phone or online, you agree to all of the terms, conditions and policies stated in our Terms and Conditions. On this page we provide an abbreviated, easy-to-read version of these. Each reservation confirmation also includes all of the terms, conditions, and policies.
Rental Agreement Acceptance – If you requested a reservation online, we will confirm that reservation by email within 48 hours. For all reservation requests, we will email a confirmation along with a Rental Agreement that then needs to be signed, initialed, dated and returned.
Payment Terms – A $600 booking deposit is due to confirm a reservation. The balance of your payment is due 90 days prior to your scheduled check-in date. We encourage you to pay your balance via eCheck from a US dollar account to avoid paying an additional 3% credit card service fee.
Cancellation & Refund Policy – If you cancel your reservation 91 days or more prior to your check-in date, you will be refunded your booking deposit minus a $75 fee. If you cancel your reservation 90 days or less prior to your check-in date, and you have not paid your balance, you will forfeit your entire booking deposit. If you cancel your reservation 90 days or less prior to your check-in date, and you have paid your balance, you will forfeit all collected money except the Guest Damage Insurance and cleaning fees, but may recover some of the rent if we are able to re-rent some or all of your reserved time to another guest.
Change Policy – We are flexible in changing your reservation if it is at the originally booked property, subject to availability and pricing.
Travel Insurance – Because the unforeseen can happen, we recommend you purchase Travel Insurance. You can do so by checking the ‘Travel Insurance’ box when requesting your reservation. For more information, please visit <link to CSA Travel Insurance>.
Guest Damage Insurance – We will automatically purchase Guest Damage Insurance that covers up to $1,500 for any unintentional damage that occurs to the vacation rental during your stay, provided damages are disclosed to us prior to your scheduled check-out date and time. Any other damage, extra cleaning, rubbish removal or restoration costs are the responsibility of the guest.
Rules of Rental Occupancy:
- Guest named on Agreement must be at least 25 years old
- All others staying in the home are invitees of guest who signed Agreement. The contracted guest is fully responsible for the actions and behavior of his/her invitees
- Guest is a temporary guest of the property and not a tenant
- The Agreement is unique to the registered guest and may not be sublet or otherwise assigned to any other persons
- All homes are non-smoking
- No pets are allowed in any homes
- Most accommodations are in residential neighborhoods. Parties, events, receptions and gatherings are prohibited without prior written consent. No additional people beyond the maximum occupancy +4 are allowed at the home without prior written consent
- Changes to check-in / check-out times, as printed on the reservation confirmation, must be approved in writing
General Terms, Conditions, and Disclosures:
If you have any questions, call or Email us: